Center for education and development - CED within the cooperation with Friedenskreis announces international long-term voluntary service in Germany. The announcement is for a service in the period: middle of September 2018 until middle of September 2019 (12 months) within the program: “weltwärts”. Friedenskreis Halle e.V., is a coordinating organization for the developmental voluntary service “weltwärts”, the international long-term voluntary services within the German program “weltwärts”.
The aim of the weltwärts programme is to introduce young people to development issues, encourage their interest and involvement in development and enable them to undertake volunteer service in placements that are suitable for this purpose. The weltwärts programme gives young people the chance to take part in volunteer service in the field of development irrespective of their financial standing.
We can offer a service at the following places of assignments (POA):
- Kinder und Jugendhaus e.V., working with kids and youth (open youth work)
- Clare Zetkin e.V., working with kids and youth (childrens home)
- Humanistischer Regionalverband, working with kids and youth (open youth work and events for groups / classes)
- Friedenskreis Halle e.V., educational and office work (in cooperation with a social facility)
- Kita St. Ulrich, working with kids
- Kita Marktspatzen, working with kids
- KindElternZentrum Lieskau, working with kids
- Protestant school Heide-Nord, educational work with kids (after school care and elementary school)
- Lebenstraum Halle e.V., working with disabled youth and grown-ups in a living group
Application period: 10.12.2017 – 10.01.2017
Send your complete documentation to:
Who may apply?
Next to some general criteria, to be find below, there are specific criteria for each place of assignment, to be find in the profiles.
General profile volunteers
- 18 to 28 years (exceptions can be made, when reasonable)
- basic knowledge of English and willingness to learn German starting in home country
- motivation: voluntary service as an opportunity to learn in different fields and to get involved with (civil) society (voluntary service as learning and peace service)
- interest in global relationships and peace politics as well as education on these topics
- preferable already dedication in civil society in the home country, willingness to get involved in civil society in the home country after returning
How to applicate?
The application should consist of
- introduction: contact details, including full address and skype
- a CV (listing also your voluntary engagements so far and showing something of your social background)
- a motivation letter including your favorite places of assignments (max. 3) (1 to 2 A4 pages)
In the motivation letter, please address especially the following questions:
- What does volunteering mean to you? Why do you want to volunteer (instead of working,
doing a trainee-ship etc.)?
- Why do you want to volunteer in that specific place of assignment? What do you expect
from volunteering here?
- Why do you want to volunteer in Germany / Halle? What do you expect from volunteering
here (instead of another city or another country)
- What does it mean to you to volunteer with the organisation "Friedenskreis Halle"?
We are looking forward for your application!