On Monday, 11 November 2013 in the Municipal Hall of Tearce the constitutive meeting of the Youth Parliament of the Municipality of Tearce was organized.
The project aims to increase the youth participation in the decision and policy making processes through implementation of functional institutional mechanisms within the Local Self-Government of the Municipality of Tearce.
With the establishment of Council of Youth and Youth Parliament in the municipalities in Macedonia the first step towards increasing youth participation in decision making processes at local level is made.
This model of youth participation in the work of the Local Self-Government gives youth sense of belonging, and makes them to feel useful in the local community enabling conditions for active citizenship.
During the past few months we established the Council of Youth and the Youth Parliament in the Municipality of Tearce. Through these two mechanisms it is expected application of youth participation in the work of the Local Self-Government and to emphasize youth priorities in the municipality.
Some of the Parliaments tasks:
- Discussion on Youth Parliament sessions on issues relevant to young people in the community
- Discussion in Parliament on matters within the scope of Council Youth Council in the interest of young people
- Propose Youth Council makes decisions and other acts relating to improving the situation of young people in the municipality of Tearce ;
- The Youth Council propose to discuss issues that are of great importance for improving the situation of young people in the municipality of Tearce ;
- The Youth Council gives opinions in the decision-making measures and other programs which are crucial for improving the situation of young people in the municipality of Tearce
- Prepares reports for their work ;
Youth Council encourages the cooperation of the Municipality and other bodies representing the youth in the country and abroad ;
- If necessary, call the President of the Municipal Council in their meetings ;
- Implements and other things that are in the interest of young people .
This project is implemented by the Coalition of youth organizations SEGA in partnership with the Center for education and development (CED) and in cooperation with the Municipality of Tearce. The project is financed by the Secretary General of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia.